Search This Blog

Dec 24, 2004

In response to David's question
=========================
Seems you are big guy at Exchange. I'm not familar with it, but might will have a project for me seting up to monitor Exchange server. So any suggestions?

Answer
======

couple ways you can monitor your Exchange server.
1) you can do it via Exchange System Manager, open the properties of server object, Monitoring tab, define whatever as you wish
expand Tools, "monitoring and Status", right here you can view the status realtime and define the action you want your exchange server to take when something happen
2) you can also monitor your exchange services in "services.msc" snap-in.
that is more an OS functionality than Exchange's
3) you can monitory your free space/cpu usage etc via System Monitor, again, it's a OS function

Please come back and visit my blog as I will add posts from time to time.
But since I am so lazy, I will prefer answering questions to writing new topic.

Hope this helps.